Tuesday, December 28, 2004

A year to reflect upon....

Time flies....

Time really flies....

Seriously, it is not like the flight of some kite....it is more like a Boeing 7E7 cutting across the skies.

What was my biggest milestone in 2004?

1) In 2004, i left my company which i have served since 1998. I have been there for 6 years long....guess that is why i made that change. I was there when the company was only 30+ strong.....and when i left it was 150+ strong. Before i joined as part of the finance team, the company never fails to pay bonuses to their staff and we expanded more than threefold.

I thought i was set for the good life until one conversation with my office colleague,changed everything. I realised that i have been there too long...and made serious effort to leave. True enough...i left in March 15, 2004.

And i am with my new company since...it has been more than 9 months then.

What else?

2) I started going back to school to do my Master. I thought it is not much for others but for me it was one of the biggest decision in my life. Why i did it??

Even now, i am not sure of what i am gunning for...the most common answer i gave is to go into the teaching profession. How true is that...i am not sure. May be i am tired of the office rambling and the politics that goes along with it....but even if go the univ. of colleges...the environment will still be the same.

Deep inside...may be i do want to be a teacher. I felt that i need to give back to society...i was a product of society as well as i went to get my first degree using public funds. (JPA)....it is not guilt or remorse that hack me to death in my belly, it is more a self awareness initiation and the need to ensure that Muslim Malays is not neglected. Or perhaps...i just wanted to see younger girls everyday...muahahahhahahahahhaahhah. Oooo perhaps...keh..keh.

3) I sold off my beloved Gilera DNA 180.

That was tough. I love the bike....we have been thru thick and thin together...we have beaten numerous RXZ and thuousands EX5. We lost occasionally to CBR Fireblade 1000 or Yamaha ZXR...but overall it was a win-win together. We soaked together....i fell from that motorcycle once....and i nearly got into an accident.

In the end, the bike grew tired of me and me of her. She refuses to do my bidding when i needed her the most...twice she broke down...and twice i nutured her back to full health. But it wasnt to be...i decided that we have irreconcilable differences. So we parted ways though i must say the love for her never dies one bit.

Apart from that, it is more subjective than an actual measurement of achievement or milestone.

May be you guys out there have been climbing mountains, safe drowning people, send your parents for a long holiday somewhere, umrah or haji, or even re-new your wedding vows, getting married o engaged. I know my ex-office colleague got engaged this year so i wished Cikgu Bedah Luck...You guys out there tell me...we can share our experiences...after all it will enrich our live even better.

Till then....think about what will be your milestone next year??








No comments: