Monday, April 25, 2005

The way ahead


Time has been very kind to me.

Along the way, i have met some good friends, bad people and a middle category kind of a person, not entirely nice not that evil either.

For all of that, i am blessed for i had enriched my life ....be it as a better person or just a human b eing.

Which brings me to the things i need to do for my class, part of the course requires me to do a lot of self-assessment, i mean a lot.

So off i go to the internet and suprisingly there are tonnes of websites offering this service to evaluating the person you really are.

GO AHEAD!! Try it...go to google and type "Self assessment"

I know some of you are eating this stuff like crazy man...

But to answer this question, you must be honest, which also brings me to another dilemma, how honest can you be in answering these sort of questions?

All of us like to hear what is best about us, not criticisms!? I am not the kind of person who takes criticims openly...i mean kalau you wallop me in front of 12 people, you are bound to get kill in a short time of period by me, muahahhahah...

Seriously, if you criticise me slowly and in close environment, i am ok ....may be it just me.

Okay, so how many of you actually answers these questions honestly? Assuming you are tackling a questionaire about " Are you a good lover?"

Most of us would probably answer it in the most romantic way possible....i admit, i am not a romantic person....a dinner with a candle light is not my idea of romantic.....i am more of an action orientated man.

I dont know la kan...half os us will answer it in order to get the answer we wanted to hear. Were afraid that whatever verdict we get may not be our liking.

Then again, if we cant take other people evaluation of us , who else can you get it from?

There are things that you know about yourself but more apparent to somebody else,(refer to Johari Window).

In that sense, you might not be the best person to evaluate yourselves because the way we perceive ourselves is not the same as others look at us.

Now, that need a lot of pondering eh??

No comments: