Saturday, April 09, 2005

The life we touched

Haven't been to the office yesterday.

I am at the office today albeit a bit late..but what the heck i am here and that's what matter.

Unfortunately some of things i hear are not nice la kan...i dont care if the things being complained are about me, whatever ler...i have toiled for this job ..i just wanna have my break but the things commonly being complained are about the new boss or they wanted to leave their job becoz the sense of lost they are having at the moment.

I dont know whether that is a compliment or the way i worked the last time is very slow. Probably both..that's why i started to wonder, in life you are bound to touch other people life either you realise it or not.

The feeling may not be mutual but it is a feeling nonetheless. You are capable to frustrated, motivate, love, hate, bring joy and happiness to others. I only realised this probably today when my good buddy shahrul told me that he is somewhat lost. He also didnt want to come to the office ...been playing hooky for the past 3 days. I asked him why la kan...dulu dia tak pernah cam nie, his answer was a simple..

"Alah wa datang lu tak ada...tak enjoy la beb, dulu kita kerja sama2..i really felt ada team but now, feel somewhat empty and kurang motivation"

I asked myself quitely " Aiya...that bad ka?"

If kalau yg pergi itu mak bapak kita, we understand that....kalau siblings or even girlfriend or boyfriend that pass under the bridge, we might feel sad la kan...but just office mate, that's new to me.

I asked others...even my old buddies at the last workplace, they also feel lost even now...dulu makan tghari ada, sama2 lepak sekarang depa ada yang makan asing2...so team macam pecah.

I still see them once in awhile but may be tak sama kalau sama2 kerja. I felt this lost once when my mentor, Mr Hakim leave us to do his own thing. This is the guy who backed me all the way in time of hardship, teach me abt corporate world and be brave to make a change. Bayar masa makan tak pernah berkira...duit kita tak laku memanjang.

Tapi i survive though we are still good friends. May be that is life..we moved on....and there is always something fresher out there.

May be i am just a small percentage where my attachment is easy to let loose but i know my partner beg to differ, my attachment to my kids are very strong. I never been away from the kids that long unless it is becoz of job commitment.

The life we touched along the way may either be a good thing or a bad one. There bounds to be loyalty created, friendship forged, enemies made...but it is up to you on what to make of it. You can either think positively about this or bog your down unnecessarily.

At the moment, i just wanted to ease the transition in what ever way...i just wanted to go as a friend, ...that's enough for now....

yes, just a friend.

No comments: