Wednesday, June 15, 2005

A life in a day of a small time and sometime small minded businessman….

Today I presented a drawing that will make the company bigger, undoubtedly….May Allah shows me the way ahead and ease the passage through….

I believe we had done what best effort we can mustered through this aging frame, the will stays strong and self belief undeterred. It left me wondering though about those who has had tried their hand on business…many were burned, many were left broken and many has become financially independent.

I had seen quite a few of my partner colleagues, who were left almost penniless after their business failed. Once were a driver of Toyota Prado and Mercedez “Avantgarde”… now forced to drive a kancil for he has lost everything. Another was a successful business for years in a real estate industry, fully paid his house before his 35th Birthday…were driving BMW and holidaying in Spain in 1996…all were wash away in the wake of financial crisis of 1997-98. Now, he drives a taxi to supplement his wife income….lucky his house is fully paid la kan

Of course, there were also many examples of those who are successful …make millions but I am not interested in them but those that I know are usually able to do so because of their “political” connection. Only genuine people who have to go through tick and thin, self reliance…and sheer determination….be a better person out of this sort of experiences. Believe me! you cannot learn this in Harvard, The Apprentice, AF or Nona. I applauded them for not only they wade the water with all their might…the families becomes closer as well. The wife joins the working population again, the children started to save and becomes good students because they know educations will provide them with better prospect.

Only god knows where this road gonna lead me on….but I will try my very best ..should I fail, perhaps there is a lesson I learn from that too…and should I succeed ..may I be a philanthropist and an evil sith lord!

Working on your own has its own benefits and disadvantages too…but I have no complaint because I choose to be here. Who knows what is right or wrong huh? We all try our best in anything…be it in our work and relationships.

Till then…may you find your peace!

No comments: