Friday, June 17, 2005

THE DAY THAT NEVER WAS….

Early in the morning, I received multiple SMS-es congratulating me on my day of inception to this world. Yup…I am hitting the big 3-0! So most question asked me …how do I feel about hitting the initial 3? I appreciate all the gesture but ....

Well…to be honest with you, I don’t feel anything. Personally, I am not that big on birthdays especially mine, not that big on New Year celebration either. I am not that kind of a person who drawn up a long list of resolutions of what I ought to be in the end of the year. I am also not the person that needs to be governed by a certain numbers that much…except the numbers on the purchase orders I received or the numbers on my paycheck ler…that I really care!

Don’t get me wrong…it is not that I am a kill joy or anything…there are moments that I felt that I have come of age…like when I get circumsize heh..heh. Or the first wet dream, or first kiss, the first second base…the first wife (erm..ermm), the first child, the first car, the first house…but it is more of a long series of accomplishment rather than a milestone that I set to achieve at a certain age.

Some of the friends I had since my school and univ. days told me that I hardly change…still the one who plays pranks, crack senseless jokes and a kid at heart. Nie buskin masuk bakul angkat sendiri but an honest response by old acquaintances. Age is a number, for me, and that’s about it. It should not be a barrier or a threshold to do whatever…

I remember reading an article by Rina Omar on Sunday mail about hitting the big 3, (yes…she is the current host of quickie on 8TV)…about lifestyle that change with age, when you start reading Cosmopolitan rather than Remaja, you started taking vitamins supplement, sleep earlier because the body is no longer have the same metabolism rate and jest of life.

May be it’s true but I don’t see myself suddenly stop listening to music sang by Justin Timberlake, Anuar Zain, Robbie Williams in favour of Pavarotti, Symphony No.5 or Engelbert Humperdink. Or I stopped playing futsal, enjoying my lepak time with my buddies… (who are younger than me).

A day is still day no matter what pans out to be. Personally, I believe an average day that is mired with works and meetings can be the most exciting day in your life or a day out in Gunung Tahan planned for months turned out to be a dud because the rain couldn’t stop pouring. Who knows what lies out there….everyday can be exciting, perhaps we can be bold and brave enough to try something new…perhaps everyday will be a new day.

Well, at the moment I need to see my doctor…my back is hurting me! May be a sign of old age…..

Nah!!

Heh..heh..heh…

No comments: