Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Prodigal son.....i am..i am

My mum is here.

My mum is here and staying with me for awhile before she is off to her annual holidays.

Such a life of retirees....relaxs and full of leisure activites.

But doesnt mean she stopped worrying about her kids, siblings and grandchilds. She is doing her rounds checking whether everything is in order....becoz she is ....my mum, who has managed us on her own after her divorce for over 20 odd years. That kinna make her my personal bearings...she will worries on the small details but i guess, that is what mum do.

So i told her i am quitting my job. I wanted to do something on my own....i have longed to be in control of my destiny. I had a long discussion over it, my family supported me ...my colleagues even more, so i guess i am off.

But NO!!

My mum wouldn't have none of it....she worries that i am gonna missed my mortgage payment, my car installment, my livelihood and all. I understand she is worried, none of our immediate families has ventured into business, they are all either in the teaching profession, banking or engineering. They are doing good......., yes, but whether they are truely happy with they life...only god knows.

I wanted more...i wanted to be able to choose what i wanted to do the next day...it is gonna be hard, it is gonna be difficult...but no pain, no gain. Trials and tribulations are part of the game called business, you can either make it or totally fucked it up! It is up to you entirely....and you cannot blamed anybody except yourself. That is i believe...can make or break character!

Perhaps i have a tad too realistic of an idea...or you might even call it wishful thinking, but i believe i can make it. It is not like i am gunning to be millionaire, but a blissful life or my family. It will be difficult because nothing is easy in life but nothing is impossible either. Slowly buy surely, i will be there.

A friend asked me the other day...what do you really want in life that working for others can no longer fulfilled my desire?

I kept quite, then slowly said " I cannot stand bullshit from others"
"I cannot be where people sacrifice their principle to safeguard their salary increment"

" i cannot stand barua pada boss dan those who cannot talk the talk and unable to walk the walk"

May be it is a sign of old age, i have worked for almost 8 eights in a corporate sector, may be short compare to those who has been in working population for more than 10 years but i believe sama aje perangai manusia di mana2. Tensen....

So to my mum, i know you are not gonna be happy. I am the prodigal son for constantly defying you for all these while but a man got to do what a man got to do. May be i sent my mum for another hajj or umrah again as a testiment of my ability and love for her. At the end of the day, berkat and doa our parents mesti ada supaya jalan kita clear.

Till then....

( This entry was two week in the making..heh..hhe)

No comments: