Friday, December 02, 2005

Work and more work

I have been too busy lately.

But being self employed I should count that as blessing rather than a curse.

Yesterday was a long day at a site…from 11am to 2am the next day.

I remember one of closest friend once asked me as to why I choose to work in this line. I used to have my own room , a good perk and should I continue selling my soul to the devil and forgo my own principle, I should be earning a whooper of a salary.

But then again, I have to wade the traffic every morning just to clock 8 am every morning, smile when I don’t wanna to….it is too much of a job than a career. A lot of people often confuse the term “job” as similar to a “career”. A job is something you have to do, forcing yourself to do it….because there is no alternative. A career is something you love and looking forward to it…..totally reverse compared to a job.

That’s why the term married to a job is totally different as to committed to a career.

Well, I have yet to complained for I choose this path but the ability to wake up at 10 am in the morning and no qualm of staying awake to watch the current European Champion Liverpool played at 3.30 am, is priceless!

Mind you, I am in no way propagating that working on your own is better, this path is a very hard path. No security…no guarantee. Even if you are back with a million ringgit, if you don’t have a solid business plan….you are 90% bound to fail.

On the other hand, if you have a good job that pays well, happy with the environment …carry on. If you have a budding career and the ability to reach the apex of an organization….soldier on!!

But do so ethically and on merit….in your working life and social life.

Because what goes around…comes around. So be careful…..

No comments: