Monday, April 10, 2006

LIFESTYLES?

I have not been able to update my blog lately…honestly becoz I don't seem to have anything to write, be I becoz I am plain lazy or just a dry patch. Probably both …

Next two weeks my exams is coming up, got two papers on one day, man…when you are 18, you would think nothing of it…but when you are 30, that is a totally different story, though you understand the subject better as you grew older, your capacity to store it somewhat diminishes, it may not hold true to all people but majority do face this problem.

It is no excuse but just another way of telling yourselves, you need to try harder and smarter. Lots has been going on since I last update the blog, I have moved to a new office, a place i can finally called my own , the rent is okay and the parking is free, so go figure…slightly further from my house but closer to KL.

Business has been quite good but sporadic in nature, I got things align for June upwards but none currently, sounds ironic isn’t it but that the nature of my business is just that way. In the meantime, you need to do lots of proposal, drawings to appease your clients and do lots of presentation, you do your best, you win some and lose some.

I haven’t been the easiest person to deal with, I am no way by the book person but I do want to know what and who I am dealing with, old school business may irked with the way I handled things but I am what I am.

For me, in business …relationship is important, I may have to quote my price slightly higher in order to let my friends in it…there are other malay, who do not believe in this…they are pure businessman with a motto that says “ I deal with an end user and that’s about it…”

I do not favour that view for I am believe that good friends are hard to get…whilst enemy are aplenty. Just try this…even in your many years of being surrounded by friends, just how many can just leave everything just to aid you in your times of need? If you do have it…keep it close! It is easier to make enemy than make a good friend…if making friends is easy, might as well…we walk up to a particular guy at a mamak joint and ask him/her “ Beb…kita jadik member boleh?”

“ Err…err..awak okay ke?? “ or “ Apahal lu beb?” will be the most possible outcome, but just try walk to the same guy, and kick him/her at the back…there you go, an instant enemy, a foe!

Entah..i value friendship even in business. There are pitfalls though for there is no foolproof plan…but you do what you need to do.

Till then…good day and good luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahha exam week rite?When u turn 30+, it's not the same exam like u sat 20 years ago..it's totally diff now!It's depends on how u accept da situation..it's not m'hafal semata2..Bcause it's exam week, lot's of things to settle down, mini project, assignmnt, quiz (my lect gave more than 5 quiz ths sem!) n da most important thing is..calculate carry mark...that's wat i did 4 1 n half year..nk idup beb!Klu tak cmner nk score..